Re: Has this been tried?

Hi,

McMaster-Carr sells poly sheet for far far less cost....

8742K417

24 x 24 x 0.5 inch for $31.55...  Make a lot of cutting boards there ;-))

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/

Poly is a wonderful material but be aware that raw sheet goes for like
zilch in cost...

Four foot by four foot 1/8th inch thick for  $18.46...  Yeah plus shipping
but... shop around.  My local plastic shop give scraps of that stuff away
free...  It mostly costs the room it takes up on the freight truck...   Ask
some shops if they have any free scrap poly, and they ask if you have a
truck to haul it off ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry