Re: MMC cap bank

Hi again Jimmy,

Fortunately, the equations in Power4 and MMCcalc are correct and based off of:

""""""""""
Power Dissipation per Small Capacitor

Wo = KSYNC BPS ECAP RCAP / (RCAP + RPRI)

Where:
Wo = Power Dissipation per Small Capacitor (Watts)
KSYNC = 1 for Synchronous Gap or 0.5 for Non-Synchronous Gap
BPS = Bangs per Second
ECAP = Energy Stored in Single Capacitor per Bang (Joules)
RCAP = Internal Real Resistance of a Single Capacitor (Ohms)
RPRI = Primary Circuit Equivalent Resistance (~3 Ohms)
""""""""""""""""
You will note the Wo is indeed directly proportional to BPS ;-))  So all
the tables and charts and theory are correct.  Just a little mind goof on
my part 0:-))

Thanks!!  I learned something today *:-))

Cheers,

         Terry

Hi Jimmy,

Oh gee, your right ;-))  It's a pulsed application...  The current and
power are linear...

I think I built the squared thing into power4 and MMCcalc...  Time to go
back and fix things...

Thanks for pointing this error of mine out.  It is a big one!!

Cheers,

         Terry