Re: Teflon as RSG-disk material

Original poster: "RMC by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <RMC-at-richardcraven.plus-dot-com>

Ed

 > Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
 > In "the good old days of spark" many RSG's were made of metal, with an
 > insulating hub to keep the HV out of the motor.

That's right. Glasoe and Lebaqcz have a good chapter on this aspect in
"Pulse generators" (MIT - I'm sure you know the book).  They discuss using
various quenching gases as well as discussions regarding different Elkonite
grades, copper electrodes etc.

In fact, I recommend people to read the chapter - it covers a variety of RSG
arrangements and helps identify the preferred design approaches in terms of
what average powers can be processed.

Cheers

RMC, England