Re: Car Ignition Failures

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>
>
>Hi All,
>
>I forgot to mention this in She's Dead Captain.  I was able, before the
>coil died, to kill the ignition on 2 cars driving by.  The first one
>failed and came to a stop, and would not restart while the coil was
>running.  I then shut down the coil and the car started.  I then fired the
>coil again and it died again.  As I am not a car person, I can't tell you
>the exact model, but I think it was a Ford.  Later I had another car just
>like it die also while the coil was running and wouldn't start until I
>turned the coil off.
>
>David E Weiss

Hmmmm...

how big is your coil???  ( frequency wise Im thinking  harmonics and the
such)   most cars now-a-days use "computers" to keep track of spark,
injection, and a mess of emmision control factors.  Just might be possible
that the coil is outputting enuf wattage in a frequency range to harrass
the ignition control of the computer.

My next door neighbors son is a "computer kinda guy"  has about 9 computers
in various states of functionality   ( most of them with the cases
off)  and when I run my coil ( the BIGPIG), it does all sorts of nasties to
his systems...   reboots , shutdowns, error writes  just to name a few
things he has fussed about....

yours just may be doing the same as mine to "computers"...

Scot D