Re: Car Ignition Failures

Hi,

Cars use much of the same protection that military aircraft do.  I would
"hope" the planes would be tested "properly", where in the case of this car
model, somebody apparently screwed-up...  I would like to think that a
$35,000,000  F-18 Super Hornet with ECM, Stealth, EMP hardening, Rad
hardening, ect...  Would not be taken out buy a Tesla coil.  But I wonder
if it has "really" been "tested"...

We know McDonnell Douglas in St. Louis used Tesla coils for testing
aircraft since someone was killed by one there :-((((

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Deaths.txt

I wonder if the "Tesla coil EMI testing" business is about to take off
again!!  All one would need is a coil and a driveway big enough to park an
F-18 ;-))

In general, Tesla coils are very "quiet" RF wise.  I would think the car
had some glaring weakness to some specific radio frequency.  They really do
stick them in big chambers and throw the full spectrum of RF at cars now
days...  Cell phones were the only recent worry...

But all it takes is one bad ECO....

Cheers,

         Terry