RE: Early versions of Tesla's coil

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Sadly, whenever I give that kind of explination to most people, I get that
exact same response. =D (For those of you who haven't looked at the clip,
watch it and it will explain most of this post)
By the way, what component do you think the squirrel served? I'm thinking
it would best be one plate of the capacitor, seeing as it holds a
respectible amount of water, salts, minerals, etc. Probably would not have
a positive outcome on the squirrel though. =D

Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz "

You probably can't see it from there, but I'm rolling on the floor
with laughter, after viewing that clip... that was hilarious
(albeit technically truthful). Talk about junkbox coils! 8-D

 > "I" always think of a "Tesla coil" as an "air core resonant transformer
 > capable of creating enormous voltages and colossal discharges" as defined
 > in the clip at:
 >
 > http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tesla%20coil.mpg

-Chris