tungsten rods and a good motor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

Hi all,

I finally got my 1/2" X 10" dia. (well closer to 9 7/8" dia. after
finishing and smoothing the outer periphery of it) G-10 disc
for upgrading my RSG. I cut the disc out with a coping saw
and went thru probably about 20 blades but I finally got it cut
out :^) Anyway, I am needing some 1/4" tungsten rods for the
electrodes and it was my understanding that someone on this
list sold 1/4" tungsten rods by the inch. Are you still out there?

Also I'm looking at a 1/4 HP electric motor GE cat # 4701
w/ 48Y/56 mounting and 1.35 SF (not too sure what that one
means) but I was wondering if this motor would be sufficient
in starting torque, even after modifying for sync, to turn the
0.5" thick X 10" dia. G-10 disc w/ 4 each  1/4" dia. X say
2" long tungsten rod electrodes on it?

BTW, I finally made a good hub to mount the disc to the
motor shaft out of an old gear from the motor drive of a
large variac. Looks pretty decent for someone w/ no ma-
chine shop facilities if I must say so myself :^)

Thanks,
David Rieben