Oklahoma coiling update.

Original poster: "D.Wightman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dwightman1-at-cox-dot-net>

The 3500 pound coil has gotten a new and permament name. Bertha!
It has been quite a challenge to get the system working properly, untill
recently.
Phils caps will be tested next week, but for now at .204uf and 9.25 turns
on the primary, the system is just furious!
Bertha has outgrown her room!
We can not turn the power up to more than about 40% of system capacity
since it heavily power arcs to everything in the hangar. Including all of
the system components, the cans of paint and supplys at the back of the
building in the shelves.
It even somehow blew out the diode pack in the vacuum cleaner "which was
not plugged in, but had the cord coiled up on the handle" in the office
which is where we all go hide when I hit the switch.
A most interesting observation, is even though the cieling of the metal
building is 4 to 5 feet from the coil top, it will power arc real hard
there just momentairly, then just like it no longer likes that close juicy
grounded spot anymore, it will shoot a streamer 5 times farther than that
to the back wall, then to the door and then back to the cieling again!
Possible potential saturation, or neutralization of differential.
Bertha is going to have to be tested outside. this is next.
Here is a few pictures, oh and for those of you who notice the strange
looking blurry spheres all over the field of view, yes we wanted to see
what happens when a tesla coil is ran in the same room with a bubble machine!
<http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/bertha/>http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/bertha/
Its Kevins fault! But I'm slowly working on converting him into a
pyromaniac...............