Re: triggered gap performance?

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

Colin,
       I too have been building "small" TCs (6kv, 7.5kv, and 9kv NST supplied).
at these low powers a static gap works just fine. I have built a rotary gap
but don't seen any advantage at these low power levels.

tungsten or tungsten-carbide will make the gap last (essentially indefinately
at these powers) and not require periodic cleaning (copper, brass, stainless-
steel all do).

a fan to blow the gap will make the most difference. I use a squirrel-cage
fan from an old microwave oven.

-Pete Lawrence.