Re: triggered gap performance?

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

Colin,
       my tungsten-carbide gap has four gaps, I also have some parts for a
one-gap gap but have not put it together yet...  I have heard that a single
is better than multiple if you have tungsten or tungsten-carbide, but have
not tried it yet. Multi-gaps may require less often cleaning so if you are
using copper/brass/stainless a multi may require less maintenance, but I'm
not sure if there is any other performance reason for single verses multi.
Perhaps someone else on the list can shed some light on this.

-Pete Lawrence.

(ps, tungsten-carbide at high power probably has the same problem that the
90% tungsten 6% nickel 4% copper "tungsten" EDM rod has, it usually has a
cobalt binder that will evaporate and erode quicker than pure tungsten,
but at these low powers (6~9kv) mine are holding up fine).

 >Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>