Re: High Voltage but Low Current fuses...

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Excellent idea, Antonio!  I believe that some mid-high voltage fuses (say
13.8kV) have a stiff spring at one end to pull the gap apart.  I would
think that would work here, too, only with pen springs or similar.  But
that's probably more complex than a simple weight.  The weight mustn't be
too large or it could promote a premature failure over time - copper creeps
when hot.

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group