Re: 15 kV 120 mA Neon Sign Transformers

Hi DC,

At 09:43 PM 7/16/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>It's time to enter our order for a bulk purchase of new 15 kV 120 mA
>NST's.  These are brand new units -- no rejects.  15 kV 60 mA units also
>available at same price.
>
>Price is only $100 per unit --- up to 3 units per person allowed.
>
>The mfgr is a long standing mfgr of high quality xmfrs --- sorry, can't
>mention names --- don't want any distributors getting upset at this
>incredible "special price".
>
>I don't know the exact weight but I think these can go UPS if necessary.
>
>Please contact me off-list for more details or questions.
>
>Dr. Resonance
>
>Resonance Research Corporation
>E11870 Shadylane Rd.
>Baraboo   WI   53913

Although I don't need anymore transformers, I just wanted to say
THANKS!!  for offer us such a great deal on these giant transformers!  Last
summer we built up a 15/120 LTR coil and it was awsome!!

BIG NSTs can actually perform far better than a similar sized pole
transformers since we can run NSTs in the LTR mode.  The 15/120 with about
500uF of PFC cap will draw comfortably less than 20 amps off the 120 VAC so
you can run them with easily available power.

The sync LTR cap size is 55.3uF or 44 Geek Group caps.  1/2 x 55.3e-9 x
21000^2 = 12.2 Joules per bang or 1460 real primary watts of power!!   A
0.025uF 14.4 kV pig system (async) would have to run at 563 BPS to match that!

15/120 singe NST systems are a very nice "big" coil systems that can be
moved easily by folks that are not known as "Arnold".  Anything bigger, and
you take a big jump up to the need for a pig and 240VAC.

My 1997 Magnetek weighs 82 pounds.  Final shipping weight with lots of
heavy packing was about 90+ pounds.  UPS is grudgingly "happy" to ship it
anywhere.  Note the shipping cost are considerable however.  Shipping from
here in Colorado to your place for a 90 pound 18x12x12 package is
$64  Still a super deal!!!, bust just be aware of the shipping cost.  Also
note that in my case, the packages weighed more than the lady at UPS, so I
had to load it on to the outgoing pallet for her ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry