Re: Help designing 18 inch coil

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Peter,

On 17 Jul 2003, at 5:48, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Peter Terren by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pterren-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

<http://www.richmond.infi-dot-net/%7Erhull/highenergy004.htm>http://www.richmond.infi-dot-net/%7Erhull/highenergy004.htm

 > What would other people do (and more importantly, why)?

I would start by specifying either a desired result (leaves the
choice of all components open and assumes $$$ available) or start
with what components I do have (e.g. transformer spec) and design a
system for the best possible result. In neither case would I simply
decide that any particular secondary diameter is right for me from
the outset. A properly engineered design always starts with a
detailed specification.

Malcolm

<http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/feedback11.htm>http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/feedback11.htm