Re: High Voltage but Low Current fuses...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I'm still very confused to why you are worrying about providing high voltage
fuses for the differential probes.  The first stage of your differential
probe should be
a very high impedance divider on the order of 1Meg up to 100Meg (assuming
pure resistance now) depending on the voltage being used.  You should not be
providing
any type of fusing or transient suppression until after this divider.
Therefore, there is no need for a high voltage fuse etc...  If you look at
any run-of-the-mill differential probes made
by Tektronix or similar, they are all built this way.  Remember, you could
have a 1000:1 divider, so a 10,000V transient spike would only look like 10V
at the output of this stage.  If say 5V was
the limit going into your differential amplifiers etc..., then a clamp /
suppression network at 5V would suffice here.

Dan