Re: Best Sec. form material

Hi,

Josh has a good point!  If you use sonotube, spray it with canned poly at
least to hold the windings.  Also, ~#24 wire should be wound with about
three pounds of "pull" on the wire to be sure it goes on smooth and tight.

I have had white PVC forms shrink with time, temperature, and humidity
too.  I bumped one once and the wire "fell" in a mess...  Just a light coat
of poly will hold the wire and prevent a disaster.

The #28 wire on my 10 inch OLTC sonotube form is not sprayed, but it is
held with poly stretch wrap.  However, the real key is the wire is wound
very tight!  Not too tight so it breaks, but certainly NOT loose ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry