Geek Group summer Teslathon

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Tesla coilers of the Midwest!

The Geek Group Summer Teslathon is only two weeks away! It will be at
GeekHouse, and probably another local member's house, pending weather and
work schedules on Saturday, Aug 2. Time - all afternoon and into the night.

We're clearing out the long term storage garage on Friday. All the
must-keep items are being moved back to the Geek House garagage, where room
will be made to store them.

We'll fire up Project Groucho, which should be working again tonight, and
our newest transformer - a 75kV, 100mA transformer that served as a hi-pot
tester in a former life. It was a donation from Elite Testing outside
Chicago in late January (and we have yet to actually fire it up!). I guess
we'll fire up Project Mercury - our 6" TC, as well as tinker, schmooze,
mingle, and play. Everyone is encouraged to attend, and to bring friends,
TCs and other fun toys, and items which you want to sell or barter. If you
want some stuff from the garage, this is the time to bring a trailer and/or
pickup!  (email cboden-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org for garage items for sale/barter/trade)

Make sure to label all tools you bring!!!

The Geek House room mates are moving out, so there are two open bedrooms
upstairs (my wife and I have claimed the third, small one) as well as the
ubiquitous couch. Bring an air mattress, pillow, blanket and towels!

Let us know here if you plan to attend, or notify Chris Boden or myself
directly so we can attempt to put some plans together aside from "playing
it by ear."

Cheers to all!

Mark Broker,
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group