From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 9:58 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Toroid Capacitance

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Yes, we tested a number of toroids last summer for this very factor.  With a
standard toroid load that is 2 x dia. of sec coilform the cap in all cases
was approx 20% of the free measured cap of toroid suspended in air to the
same level as the toroid installed on a coil.  I now sustract 20 % in all my
design work and it hits right on target with measured values.  I used a
variety of toroids, 3x8, 5x26, 34 x 8.5, and 48x12.  20% +- 3% works good
for designs.

We used a scope and measured the freq. shift for various size toroids.

I think it was you who first mentioned this idea to me when I visited you
back in San Diego about 15 years ago.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.