From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 9:56 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Calculating E-Field of SSTC or Tesla Coil

Hi John,

If the room is 300 inches high and the coil is 200 inches high...  C top
will increase just as good ol' E-Tesla predicts ;-))  It's that C is
proportional to 1/d thing...

What is this "No surroundings effect" stuff!!!   With the ceiling only 1/2
of the secondary height away, "surrounding effects" will be dramatic!!!!

I am concerned the E-Tesla and TSSP seem to disagree since TSSP uses much
of the same theory as E-Tesla.  It is possible the E-Tesla was confused by
such a close ceiling but it should have reported the usual warnings.  I
would need the full "output.txt" file to really know what is going
on...  E-Tesla is very good at "tight places" stuff...

Can you tell me the actual input data to E-Tesla and I can easily check it
all out.  E-Tesla creates a diagnostic file that can easily plot all the
fields and where it is "thinking"...  Bobo's are pretty apparent then...

Cheers,

          Terry