Re: Toroid question and HV Disease

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Unfortunately, I don't have the limiting factors of a spouce, children,
etc. Thusly, the disease in my case is acute. I don't have a house
anymore....I have a habitat. A gear-storage facility that I somewhere have
a kitchen and bedroom stuffed inside of. The house is filled with gear
everywhere, we built a custom basement staircase that holds Thumper (a few
hundred pounds of caps) the staircase also holds over a dozen coils from 3"
to 15". We've got, 20 or so active computers, and shelves and shelves of
gear. In the basement, there's a complete computer lab, a recording studio
in progress, and a *pile* of gear that's waiting out the remodel to be shelved.

There's a half-dozen geiger counters on the couch (they just arrived), and
150lbs of Geek Caps on the dining-room-table.

I have a garage that will easily fit 2 cars, and 4 if they're small. That I
can't park in. Out there, we've got 9 250lbs spools of magnet wire, a
2000lbs 75kV power supply (plus it's control console), 8 racks of computer,
MV-4 (a 8' tall, 2' deep, 4' wide power supply), a 1-meter diameter toroid,
a few miles of wire and cable, a transmitter, overhead projector, an
autopsy table, blood-boxes, bio-lab gear, and somewhere in the pile I can
see the tail-end of Geek-3 poking out. Geek-4 is in the driveway.

Geek-0 is across town, along with another garage that has a dozen XRTs
(including a pair that weight about a half-ton each), a 10'x4'x1" sheet of
UHMW, a 55gal drum of new transformer oil (plus several 5-gal containers of
it), dozens of computers, and hundreds of pounds of parts, crates of books,
LASER and optics gear, etc ad nauseum enough to fill a 1-stall garage to
the rafters.

There's a dozen projects around the country in various states of completion
(see, the disease is communicable as all my friends have it too).

I have found a cure though! Get a lab! Once we have the new lab, then at
least I'll have a HOUSE again!

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change
the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.
     - André Gide, 1869 - 1951

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/junkmail