ASAP! Taking Orders for SSTC Power Boards ! ! ! $40.00 each

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Okay.  I did some technological surveys and pricing surveys.  Here is what
I've come up with.  Almost all the designs maintain the same type of
full-bridge circuit and its this part which is
MOST critical to the operation of the SSTC when it comes to board layout
etc...  Therefore, I'm doing a run on SSTC boards, but only going to be
doing the power switching section.  The
following were criteria in making this selection:

1.  By only doing the power section, I reduce board size thereby reducing
overall cost.

2.  A D-Subminiature connector will be provided on the powerboard to receive
gate drive signals.  This allows much more flexibility to an individuals
taste and needs in a drive circuit.  For example
     some may wish to build a complex audio modulator circuit, or a
self-tuned circuit such as Justins, or a simple 555 square wave timer
circuit to run the SSTC.  Also, the use of a D-Sub connector
     allows one to quickly interchange different drivers on the fly ! ! !

3.  Separate driver section would be able to be properly shielded if
required.

The circuit would be a basic full-bridge circuit and look very similar to
the following picture.  (Only circled section)

http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/powerboard.jpg

The full-bridge would utilize the large ISO-type packages as shown in the
picture which can take a beating and keep on going.  Also, the heatsink
arrangements (heatsinks can be purchased
through a variety of vendors) are very efficient and work extremely well
with fan cooling.  The full-bridge would accept a variety of FETs ranging
from 100V up to 1500V IXFN (and other)
ISO-packaged FETs depending on your design and needs.

Also, for this size board and the quantities wanted, silkscreen and
soldermasks are provided (unlike picture shown) for the same price as a
simple double sided board.  Big plus!!!!

Okay, so the pricing right now is $40.00 per board.  PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP
if you are interested. Just send an email to dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com
so I can get a rough
number of orders.

BIG NEWS:  If I get more than 20 orders, pricing goes down to $30.00
each!!!!  So basically, if you all order 2 boards upfront, you basically get
the second one for half-price!   Theres been
a lot of requests on the group asking someone to make some boards up!  The
time is now!!!!

ALSO:  This also allows a lot of us (including Justin/Aaron, myself, and
others) to design different types of driver boards.  Once you get a new
design, just built that circuit and hook up to
the power circuit via the connector.  Easy!!!!!

The Captain