Re: How to build a Tesla Tower and free energy

At 07:05 PM 6/2/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>

>Yeah, I'm not sure if its true, but possibly one of those urban myths thrown
>about by engineers over the ages.
>Anyways, the lengths of wire told in these tall tales was on the order of
>many miles.  I'm sure everytime the story was told
>though that the distance increased!!!!
>
>Dan
>

> > Nice story, but if you run the math, you can't get a lot of power... We
> > looked into this to get small amounts of power to run a beacon
> > transmitter.  I doubt you could get kilowatts with any practical setup..

Worse than that.. you have to make a loop to get power out of it, and the
"other side" of the loop will have basically the same voltage induced on
it, unless it is a long way away.

You'd probably be able to get more power from a wire strung above the
ground and taking the electrostatic charging from blowing dust/rain.