RE: How to build a Tesla Tower and free energy

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 >  > Or you can do what quite a few people do, typically people
 > out in the
 >  > boondocks in the middle of nowhere.
 >  > They'll string a second line of wire right next to the
 > high voltage power
 >  > line and through coupling as well, get
 >  > enough power to run their home etc... The line lengths
 > must be relatively
 >  > long, but it works.
 >  >
 >  > "Now who said there was no such thing as free energy!!!"
 >  >
 >  > The Captain
 >
 > 	Have you ever seen any valid technical details of such
 > a scheme.  Power
 > actually intercepted, voltages and currents actually obtained, etc.?
 > I've seen a bunch of nonsense on the topic but nothing solid and I
 > believe these stories are pure fiction.  The power line
 > companies go to
 > great lengths to transpose conductors ("inductive coordination") so as
 > to minimize the interference they cause to phone lines and
 > the like, and
 > those systems are affected by relatively tiny amounts of energy.

No, I have never seen any proof.  I think it may all be engineering urban
legends.
Of course, Thomas Edison did electrocute an Elephant (and I did see video of
it) to try demonstrating how dangerous
alternating (AC) electricity was.  Could you imagine if ole Tom Edison tried
a stunt like that today ????

The Captain