Re: Need a variable-speed 2hp or greater AC motor for serious gap drive

Original poster: "Nick Andrews by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nicothefabulous-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, the squirrel cage on a swamp cooler (evap) is pretty good size and
spins fairly fast, and they are driven by 1/4 up to 1-1/2hp motors just
fine.  And they (obviously) move a fair bit of air...  Much larger and more
rotating mass than most rotor discs I've seen.

Nick A

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/junkmail