Re: toroid stacking?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Typically, people will stack toroids to increase the capacitance, and
therefore lower the resonant frequency of their tesla coil.  Toroid stacking
doesn't not really affect performance all that much except increasing the
capacitance of the secondary (decreasing resonant frequency) and possibly
affecting the minimum break-out voltage of the secondary.