Re: SSTC Board - Spacing Requirements for High Voltage

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

At 220 volts I would allow at minimum of 0.400 inches.

The problem isn't so much the clean board but the handling after delivery.
If someone puts a nice thumbprint across the 220 trace the deposited sodium
chloride may cause tracking --- the main problem as the voltage increases.

All receivers of this powerboard should be sure to wipe it clean with
alcohol and then handle with rubber gloves.  It only takes a fingerprint
(unseen) in the wrong area to create some nice fireworks.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913