Re: toroid stacking?

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

If you are stacking you can also get a capacitance gain by rolling up some
strong 1 x 1 inch mesh wire into a cylinder.  Insert this cylinder between
the toroids with a length equal to 3-4 times the toroids minor diameter.

The usual rule of thumb for dual stacking is 150% x the capacitance of a
single toroid.  We measured this on a pair of stacked 12 x 48's on a large
machine.

Dr. Resonance