Re: AC vs DC and Toroid Question

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

The 240 mA will be no where near enough drive current to keep your cap
charged.  We use 14 kVA to drive a 0.15 MFD cap.  Your alternative would be
a much lower rep rate but your output spark length will suffer considerably.

With this large coil you might consider a pole pig and external reactor for
the correct power input.

On a 12 inch dia. sec. you need a 34 x 8.5 inch toroid for effective match.

The sec. coil should be elevated above the plane of the primary coil approx
4.5 inches for correct coupling for max. spark output.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913