Re: spark length vs. power input

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/8/03 11:47:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>And for foreign countries:
>
>      d = (k' * sqr p) * 2.54 cm./in. and is reduced to d = 2.54 * (k' * sqr
>p)
>
>      where:  d = spark length in centimeters
>
>                    k' = correction factor as noted above
>
>                    p = input power in inches

1) What's a "foreign country" depends on who is reading your mail. By
"foreign country" I assume you mean the entire world except for the US and
Liberia, these being the only places still using inch measurements.  IMO,
when sending email worldwide, it is usually best to avoid ethnocentric
terms such as "foreign" and "alien". Note: Most US scientists "went metric"
over 40 years ago, although US engineers did not. (this was the basis of
the last Mars Lander disaster)

2) I don't think you really meant     " p = input power in inches"

Matt D.