Quad SSTC

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

Greetings,
The Quadratic Mutation
I've put up details of my quad SSTC on my web page:
www.alansharp.co.uk.

Basicaly its 4 coils arranged in a square each driven by a separate
ful bridge driver. The drivers in turn are controlled by a PIC processor,
By altering phases and using intermitant modes. You can arrange to have
sparks going
A-B
C-D
or
A-B
! !
C-D

or forming a square, or diagonaly
or everything at once
A-B
!X!
C-D

At present I'm limited to running at under half power - it needs a 25A 400V
DC
supply to run properly.  It will also play tunes - though I restricted my
self to the
5 note phrase from "close encounters".  Unfortunately it will not yet
function
as a warp engine :(

Here's a use for all those PCB's you've been buying.

Alan Sharp