Re: Joining two rolls of wire on the secondary coil

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jack,
Man, I feel your pain. Just 3 days ago I was winding a new secondary to try
to improve effeciency on my coil. (the other one is too short) It 'looked'
like I had plenty of wire, but about half way in, I saw that I wasn't going
to make it the rest of the way. =D So, not thinking that I could join a
second roll, I simply unwound the entire thing. Oh well, I guess that's
what I get for not asking questions. =D

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz "

Hello!

I'm in the process of winding my 4' x 4" secondary coil and I ran out of
wire midway. I have a new roll and I need to connect the new wire to the
old. Will there be any negative consequences to soldering the two wires
together? Every secondary coil I've seen in pictures looks like it's made
of one continous wire, so I'm worried perhaps I should have bought a longer
roll. I've spent 3 hours winding already and I don't want to go further if
the solder joint will somehow mess things up. I can't imagine why it
would, but this is my first coil and I know squat!

Please help!
Jack

-Chris