RE: Sparks between strike rail and primary

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

What you are probably seeing is autotransformer effect. For example, if you
are tapped about halfway on the primary, then the voltage maybe 200% or
higher at the end of the primary depending on the impedance ratio you have
there.  One solution is just to increase the distance from the strike rail
to the primary.

Dan