RE: SSTC Plasma Tweeters

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Well, you really aren't going to be replacing bass or midrange speakers with
a plasma speaker especially if you want
high quality audio.  However, plasma speakers do wonders when it comes to
imaging and high frequency reproduction. One of the more noticeable effects
is that plasma tweeters are not directional.  Mechanical tweeters are very
axial and require your ear to be in direct line with the tweeters for good
sound imaging.  However, plasma tweeters, being unidirectional, aren't
limited in that respect.

This week I did get a chance to see some high end plasma tweeters and the
results were astonishing. I definitely want a pair!
It was totally awesome.  Crisp, clear audio response for those high
frequencies.  Cymbal crashes were spectacular!

The Captain