Can you identify this "pole transformer" looking thing . . .????

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

While driving, I often look above at the beautiful power lines and lust over
all those huge pole transformers.
However, I noticed every once in awhile (maybe every half-mile), you'll see
(3) giant capacitors (rectangular type) on the three-phase high voltage
which are obviously used for power factor correction on the lines but it
looks like in parallel with each of the caps are (3) tiny pole transformer
looking objects with two bushings out the top.  They are probably about a
foot high each and about six inches
in diameter.  (Maybe a bit larger)  Anyone know what these are?  Are they
perhaps another capacitor??

The Captain