Re: Why i want a pt Re: 5KVA or bigger PT for sale?

Original poster: "Bunnykiller by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Adam Britt by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><beans45601-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>
>
>The main reason i want a pt is because i do shows a lot and in most
>places, a 240 volt line in not w.
>
>Thanks
>adam

not too sure what w means at the end of the sentence...  but...   5+KVA on
120 volt line will be 42 amps   and if you go + on the 5KVA you will go
higher on the 120 line amps also...   not too many places offer a 120 line
system rated for 50 amps, as far as setting up for shows...    NEC probably
limits the amperage on 120 any way    so it wont be code correct if it was
hobbled together with some #6 wire and a 50 amp breaker  ( ive never seen a
50A 120V breaker   but then again I never looked for one) .

Scot D