Re: Very nice High Bandwidth 75MHz HV Probe on EBAY ! ! !

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/17/03 2:22:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
>
>What exactly is in the little can, and where do you get more?
>
>KEN

Hi Ken, All,

Judging from the apparent vintage, what's in the can is a CFC (probably R12
or similar) that it is no longer legal to sell in the US If this is so,
then once that can is gone, you can:
1) Try importing illegal refills from Mexico. or
2) Live with a nice 6KV uncalibrated probe. or
3) Find another dielectric gas and a full-service shop to recalibrate it
for you.

IMO, the seller is UNLOADING a discontinued model for which a critical
"part" is no longer available. ( I got taken for $48 last year for one  w/o
the can)

Matt D.