RE: Optimum capacitor size

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

With an asynchronous gap, you could get great results with a value of 0.01uF
up to 0.04uF with no problem for a 12kV/240mA power source.  Just remember
to keep a safety gap on the capacitors as if you have too slow a break-rate,
the capacitor could charge up to some serious voltage.

The Captain