Triac as gap replacement

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Have any of you looked into triacs having something like these
capabilities?

Voltage withstanding, 600 V

Current capability, sine-ac bursts of 3 KA peak declining over 10 cycles
to 10% in 100 us, and repeated -at- 120 bps.  In the circuit I'm
contemplating, that seems to be about 20 A rms (which is the
charging-current into the primary capacitors; I figure, rms current in =
rms current out).

If so, can you save me some looking?

Ken Herrick