Un-potting NST?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pomnept-at-aol-dot-com>

I am un-potting for the first time and just de-tarred an Allanson 15/60 NST.
How can I get the core apart?  I tried this with a France transformer and
badly mutilated the transformer in several ways.  (It was welded together and
during cold-cutting I savagely destroyed the primary winding.)  Anyway, this
Allanson has bolts :)  but I'm having trouble pulling it apart.  Also my
wife is
reaching breaking point.
Any advice?

Robert Hanford