Re: Counterpoise and MMC demise

Interesting point... eddy current losses in the ground...
In "real ground" it's resistive enough that you probably don't get a huge
amount of loss... there's probably a "sweet spot".. you want either very
high conductivity (i.e. low loss, but higher induced current) or very low
conductivity (low induced currents).  Somewhere in the middle is probably
worst.
This is definitely an issue with antennas mounted close to the ground.