RE: Counterpoise and MMC demise

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

As you suggest, there are many factors that will cause a static gap's
breakdown voltage to vary.  But they all tend to *reduce* the breakdown
voltage.  I stand by the assertion that a properly set static gap cannot
allow the cap's voltage to exceed the gap's breakdown voltage.

Gary Lau
MA. USA

 >Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>