Re: Tesla Museum - Belgrade - Get those missing papers!!!

Hi Nele,

Tesla envisioned using a stream of high pressure mercury to direct powerful
arc from a Tesla coil (or Van-de-Graaff machine) toward an enemy
target.  He proposed this to many during WWII as a weapon.  The Belgrade
museum should have more information on this than anywhere else.  Tesla
proposed the idea to many people and governments but none felt is was
practical in wartime.  Tesla was not a great weapons designer and lacked
the "real" battlefield view to design weapons that would actually be useful
in war.  The system he proposed was far too vulnerable and difficult to
defend and would not have worked against tanks.  It also required very
vulnerable power systems to run.  I think the Corums studied and reproduced
a small scale version of this system.  Of course, the heavy machine gun was
the weapon of choice for such uses.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DeathBeam.jpg

Apparently, the United States government does not have any old records of
Tesla's but chose to just make copies.  The original records were later
release to is nephew and are now at the museum.  Anyone can now read the
details from a colorful time in history and these are probably the only
"secret" records left:

http://foia.fbi.gov/tesla.htm

The patent office, of course, has the patent records.  It is very possible
that if Tesla filed any weapons patents they would have been "national
security classified'' and kept secret especially in the war years.  I am
not sure anyone has done an FOIA request to dig up anything there.  These
are probably bad times to request national security FOIA files...

A few private individuals will have a few odds and ends too, but probably
nothing of great significance.

Many of Tesla's records were lost at Wardenclyffe.

There are a lot of "conspiracy theories" too since that stuff is attracted
to these things, but the "facts" are pretty well known.

Cheers,

         Terry