First light of 7 X 39 coil

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

We had first light of the new and bigger coil that a friend and I are
collaborating on yesterday.  Powered by a 4 pack MOT supply with six
MOCs as secondary ballasting, we achieved 40 inch arcs on first light.
This is with no tweaking of the tap point and VERY loose coupling, so
we're looking forward to some real lightning once everything has been
dialed in.  We hope to have some pix to post soon.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle