Re: Hyperbaric Gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/22/03 2:13:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>
>
>I was looking at some pics of Weazle's Hyperbaric spark gap. I take it from
>the name that it's like an ordinary sucker gap, but with the blower hooked
>up the other way round, so the chamber is pressurized and the air blows out
>through the hollow electrodes? Does it work better than the usual sucker
>arrangement?
>
>Steve C.

HI Steve,
I think you will find that this is one of those
Ford-or-Chevy-is-better-type debates. IMO it is in dynamic equilibrium (The
device sucks as much as it blows) ;-)

Matt D.