Re: In need of SERIOUS power?

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all,
    I work for GE Transportation Systems and we make diesel
engines for locomotives. I thought WE had huge engines
until now.. ;) Right now our biggest engine only produces
6250HP.. However, all that power is fed into a HUGE
alternator.. I've often wondered just how big of a coil I
could run with one.. ;)

https://www.getransportation-dot-com/general/apps/freight_rail/technology/engines.htm

https://www.getransportation-dot-com/general/locomotives/virtual_tour/tour/planttour_default.asp

Coiling In Pittsburgh