Re: Listening to TC?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Matt,

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

 > Hi Malcolm,
 >
 >         I don't think it does drop off. I think that coils should have many
 > interesting "sounds" beyond human hearing range, which is why I'm trying to
 > find the devices/references/parts to transform them into the audible range.
 > The trick is to do it on limited income with home-brew equipment.
 >
 > Matt D.

My remark was made with tongue-in-cheek of course :). In essence,
direct down-conversion. An outline of a solution would be to use a
balanced modulator with a simple variable (tuning) oscillator for the
carrier and maybe a low pass filter to get rid of the upper sideband.
The MC1496 (?) balanced modulator springs to mind. The carrier osc
could be a simple 555 circuit.

Malcolm