Re: Coil Observations

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Yes, there are several uses for HF coils.  There is one inside of your
computer generating the electron beam for the CRT.  There is also one inside
of most all TV's doing the same work.  By using 30 KHZ HF currents the core
can be very small as compared to a 60 Hz transformer.  Most use ferrite
cores.

Oral surgeons and general surgeons use HF hand-held tools powered by a
miniture TC to cauterize blood vessels as the operate or cut (oral surgury)
tissue.  The HF currents don't cause your muscles to "twitch" as they would
if the current was DC or low freq. AC.

Most lab HV power supplies use a flyback to generate HF currents that are
rectified and then multiplied with a Cockcroft-Walton circuit.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

 > Besides being an expensive cigarette lighter, is there any practical use
 > for these things?
 > I get asked this question every time someone watches the coil !
 > I cannot move on to bigger and better coils until I can justify it . . . .
. .