Re: DRSSTC first light

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 05:56 29/06/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>Hello,
>
>I got my first sparks yesterday! It was only 6 inches,
>but the break rate was only 10 bps

Congratulations! That makes you the first experimenter to get sparks from
an IGBT brick! Terry probably has a trophy for you somewhere... Keep trying
because if you got 6" at 34V you should get 28" at 160V and there's still
streamer growth to come on top of that 8-9

P.S. I noticed from your log book the leakage inductance of your GDT was
1uH? That seems awful high! I've heard (IIRC) the state of the art is about
100nH

Steve C.