Re: electrical properties of acrylic

Original poster: "Resonance Research Corp. by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

The worst problem with acrylic and PVC with regard to high voltage,
especially high frequency currents, is surface tracking.  If coated with
Glyptal inside and out it works great, however, moisture molecules tend to
attach themselves to these two plastics which leads to surace tracking.

We noted these problems with Van de Graaff Generators where even small
amounts of current leakage decrease outputs.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo,  WI  53913