Re: lightning, Xrays

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Davep: While the voltage is high enough to produce x-ray the level is to low
to detect. However the x-ray enission of a linier accelerator is dangerous
even though the voltage is less than a TC. The differance is the speed of
the discharge or total energy involved not just the voltage of the spark. I
have generated soft X-ray with 20 Kv from a Magnesium target in a vacuum,
but again that is in a vacuum not in air. The total energy of a TC is low so
the X-ray emission is below normal detection levels. I am not saying it
could  not exist  if we could detect such low levels. Dangerous, not likely.
       Robert  H