series parallel series mmc caps

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <justin-at-tracesofnut-dot-com>

Hi All,

My current MMC is made up of boards of 17 x 0.33uf 1600v caps.  I can
have up to six of these at the moment.  I use this with a 15kv NST bank.

I may be getting a higher voltage power supply soon and could probably
do with 21 caps in series.

There isn't enough room on the existing boards to add more caps and I
really don't want to have to unsolder everything and start again.

Should I make an extension for each of my cap boards?  Each extension
would have 4 caps bringing the total of each board to 21

Or can I create another MMC with 6 strings of 4 caps and put this board
in series with my main 6 board mmc?

Regards,

Justin.